About the Data We Collect Generally
Other Information We Collect
As part of our services, when you visit our Sites, our server automatically collects certain browser or device-generated information, including but not limited to: web requests, the data sent in response to such requests, the Internet Protocol address, the browser type, the browser language, and a timestamp for the request. We may de-identify and aggregate certain data we collect such that the data no longer identifies or can be linked to a particular visitor to our Site in order to analyze trends and make improvements to our websites to provide you with optimal online experiences with us.
If you apply for a job with us we may collect personal information in a number of circumstances. Personal information we may collect includes: name, address, telephone number and other contact information; educational or other credentials, employment history and experience, volunteer work, and other information necessary to evaluate a candidate’s suitability for employment; together with any other information we may collect with your consent or as required by applicable law.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
We do not sell your personal information. We may use (and, where specified, share) your personal information for the following purposes:
When you contact us, we may use personal information (like your email address) to reply and provide you with the services or information you requested. For example, GPFS may send you promotional emails relating to GPFS, or communicate with you about your use of the Site. GPFS may also use technology to alert us via a confirmation email when you open an email from us. You can modify your email notification preferences by clicking the appropriate link included in the footer of email notifications. If you do not want to receive emails from GPFS, please opt out of receiving emails at the bottom of any GPFS emails. We also may use your personal information to collect feedback on our Site, services, and policies.
If you apply for a job with us, we will use personal information for the purposes of deciding whether to offer you employment with GPFS. GPFS may also use personal information for the purposes of statistical analysis. If you are offered employment with the GPFS then the GPFS will use your personal information and any further information you may provide in connection with that offer and (if applicable) your subsequent employment for the purposes of establishing and maintaining an employment relationship with you, including for personnel administration, payroll, and management purposes. If you are unsuccessful in your application for employment with us, we may keep your personal information on file for a reasonable period in order to evaluate your suitability for future employment opportunities. However, in those circumstances GPFS will remove your personal information from its systems if you request it to do so.
We may transfer personal information to outside agents or service providers (including affiliates acting in this capacity) who perform services on our behalf. Our service providers and affiliates may collect, use, disclose, store or process personal information on our behalf for the purposes described in this Policy, including storage of personal information on a central database accessible to human resources personnel within GPFS.
We reserve the right to use your personal information and browsing behavior to personalize our Site and improve the overall user experience. We also may use personal information to evaluate response rates or gauge the usability of the Site.
In order to stop malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity from occurring on our Site, we may use identifying information to monitor users’ behavior on the Site. Our attempts to prevent malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal Internet activity may cause some users to be suspended from the Site and its features.
Subject to applicable law, you may have certain rights with respect to your data.
EU/UK Data Rights
Where your personal information is processed in the context of our activities as a data controller in the European Union, you have the following statutory rights with regards to your Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”):
- you can request access to your personal information, including the provision of a copy of the personal information subject to processing (right of access according to Art. 15 GDPR);
- you can ask us to update or correct any inadequate, incomplete, or inaccurate data (right to rectification according to Art. 16 GDPR);
- you can request erasure of your personal information (right to erasure according to Art. 17 GDPR);
- you can restrict the processing of personal information (e.g. we may only store but not use your information while we assess your request for erasure – right to restriction according to Art. 18 GDPR);
- where processing is based on our legitimate interests including profiling, you have the right to object to the processing (right to object according to Art. 21 (1) GDPR);
- where we process your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object to the processing at any time (right to object according to Art. 21 (2) GDPR);
- where processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal (right to withdrawal according to Art. 7 (3) GDPR);
- where processing is based on consent or on a contract, you have the right to data portability, meaning that you can ask us to provide your personal information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format for your use or transfer to another controller (right to data portability according to Art. 20 GDPR).
If you wish to exercise any of the rights described above or you have any questions or concerns about how we treat your Personal Data, please contact us via these methods:
- Visit the GP Fund Solutions DSAR Portal page
- Mail a letter to Data Privacy Officer, 12 Cornell Rd, 2nd Floor, Latham, NY 12110
We will respond to your request within one month of receipt, either to provide the information or confirm completion of the act requested or, in certain circumstances, to notify you of an extension of the time frame for response by a maximum of two further months.
Pursuant to Art. 21 of GDPR, you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you which is based on Art. 6 para. 1 letter e or f GDPR. We will discontinue the processing of your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that override your interests, rights, and freedoms, or if the processing serves the purpose of the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims. To exercise this right, please contact us at the contact addresses indicated below.